Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Get In The Zone: The 11 Little Things You're Not Doing - But Should Be - To Get That Beachbod

Ok but really.. who is Jamie
Eason NOT an inspiration to?! ha ha
1. Change your computer password to an inspirational phrase "iamtightonedandfit" .. "cutandjackedinjune"..  I personally log on to my work computer at least 10 times a day, so 10 times each day I'm refocusing my mind on my goal... awesome, right?

2. The first and last 30 minutes of your day are when your mind is most open to suggestion and programming. Fill this time slot with the most insanely inspirational images/videos/word you possibly can.  Review your goals -- What do you want to achieve in the next 30 days? Why do you want it? What does your life look like a year from now? Do you have a vision board? Make one and look at it.

3. Take 20 minutes of your day to find and download 3 songs that make you want to light it up (search top hits on itunes, google "workout playlists" or scroll thru playlists on 8tracks or songza that are tagged "sweat" "beast" or "gym".  A few of my favs: 2 Reasons - T. I.  /// Feel Again - One Republic /// Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco /// All of the Lights - Kanye /// The Motto - Drake /// I Made it - Kevin Rudolf /// Don't Wake Me Up - Chris Brown /// I Need Your Love - Ellie Goulding /// It's all about the #GYMSWAG, babyyyy!!

4. Drink 4 L of water a day. Go to Walmart and buy a giant water jug. Mine's 2.2 L and I fill it up and drink it dry twice a day.  If you can chug a pint of beer when wanna get wild, you can chug a pint of water when you wanna get ripped. I don't care if you don't like water. Suck it up.

5. Include both HIIT (high intensity interval training) + steady state (running at a steady pace for 45 mins) in your training schedule.

6. Tea will make you skinny. Def helps you get extra h20 in for the day, and it feels like a treat! My fav right now's Chocolate Mint by Stash but you can totally mix it up -- stores like David's teas have flavors like Red Velvet Cake.. camonnn now.. who wouldn't like that? ;)

7. Write your goals down. I write mine in capitals, on a big white piece of paper in a sharpie, and put it on the floor of the passenger seat of my car so I see it every morning and am focused on my way to work, to the gym and during my downtime throughout the day.

#selfie!!! 
8. Green veggies will get you shredded. And you'll live longer. Roasted brussel sprouts: cut in half, EVOO, salt, pepper, spread on cookie tray and bake at 350. Chopped green onions: add to egg "muffins", salads, top stir frys. Kale chips: tear off stems, rinse + dry, 1/2 tbsp EVOO, onion powder, garlic powder, salt + peppa, bake on cookie tray at 350. Get it in ya.

9. Pump up your workout. When I know I've got work to do in the gym or long run, I'll take a pre-workout (right now I'm using BSN's NO-XPLODE) or fat burner right before my workout (my fav is LIPO6 Black Ultra Concentrate). Other times, I'll have a cup of coffee or SF energy drink (these are loaded with crap.. it's an addiction I'm trying to kick!!) Get yourself pumped up and ready to rock...

10.  SELFIES! Take progress pics. If you actually commit to a training and diet plan, you will see changes, and nothing is more motivating than being able to compare pics from day 1 to day 14 and seeing just a little more tone, a little more lift, a little ab ... nothing. Promise.

11. When you go the gym tomorrow.. (What? You thought your day was too busy and you were planning on skipping the gym? Didn't want to wake up early? Why are you making excuses? You will never unlock your true potential until you can learn to be honest with yourself. The only person you're cheating is yourself. If you have to set your alarm for 5 AM, you set your alarm for 5 AM. Life starts at the edge of your comfort zone.) When you get there, hop on to the treadmill. Set the incline at 3.0, and the speed at 3.5 and the time at 10 min warmup. Watch this video. My bet's you'll be running before you hit the 6 minute mark.....




 Until next time... "Desire is the starting point of all great achievement. Weak desire brings weak results. Keep this constantly in mind." 

Have a fantastic, fit and sweaty day!!!!

xo Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment