Monday, June 17, 2013

Brilliant Breakfast: Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes

Good MORNING fitfam!

Going to keep this post short + sweet today -- here's the long-promised recipe for my protein pancakes and a few tips to save some time in the morning :)

chocolate banana topped with maranatha choc
almond butter + SF syrup + banana 
berry pancakes with raspberry "jam"
Pancake Recipe
1/2 cup oats (use blender to chop into oat flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
cinnamon (2 big shakes)
1/2 tsp splenda brown sugar sweetener (or natural sweetener of your choice!)
1/2 c egg whites
2 tbsp water


for chocolate banana pancakes add in:
1 - 2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 extra ripe banana 


Other optional add-ins:
berry:
1/4 c frozen berries (raspberry/blueberry)

pumpkin spice:
1/2 c pumpkin puree
a few shakes of pumpkin spice

prepping baggies ahead of time
makes breakfast quick + easy! 
Blend dry ingredients, add in egg whites and water. Heat non-stick pan at medium or just under medium heat, and use coconut oil or EVOO spray to cook. Top with greek yogurt, cinnamon, nut butter, pure maple or SF syrup, nuts, fruit, or raspberry "jam" that can be made by heating up a handful of frozen raspberries in the microwave then mashing with a fork.

PREP TIP:
I like to prep 5 "batches" at a time so I'd do 2.5 c of oats and x5 all the rest of the dry ingredients too then divide into ziploc baggies so that I'm not spending time measuring and chopping oats in the AM! :) I keep these baggies in the cupboard then when I get up, just throw that into a bowl, add my egg whites, berries and water and heat up my pan.

PREP TIP: 
When I've  got a bit of extra time the night before, I'll actually make the pancakes and wrap them in tinfoil and then store the in the fridge. When I get up in the morning, I just throw them in the oven 100* and get ready while they're heating then take to work or eat in the car!

Until next time, remember: "There is no glory to be found in living a life that is less than the one you are capable of" - Nelson Mandela

Have a fantastic, fit and sweaty week all!!

xo Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment