Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Super Summer Sides: Balsamic Cucumber Dill Salad

If I could only eat one meal every day for the rest of my life, I would choose SALAD!!  I know this may sound crazy, especially coming from someone who used to classify a 7-11 shopping spree of a slurpee, bag of chips and bag of candies a "snack", but it's true. I just LOVE salad. There are about a million bajillion different ways to make a meal out of salad, so I'd never, ever get bored. Besides that, salads are one of the most nutritious possible meals out there -- what can I say? It's true love!! <3

Being from Alberta, it's probably not going to surprise you that I'm a Ukrainian girl, so it goes to say.. I looove me some dill! haha My dad actually made this delish, fresh salad for a celiac (gluten-free) for a girlfriend of mine that we had over for a BBQ and I just had to steal some because it smelled sooo delish. It's great for bringing to work for lunch (I add the dressing right before serving otherwise gets a little mushy) or as a side for a  nice steak dinner! :-) Enjoy.

The Best Lunch EVER!!
Balsamic Cucumber Dill Salad


3 mini cucumbers, sliced thin
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced

2-3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
Salt + pepper


Toss in salad bowl, serve fresh + enjoy! I throw some chicken breast into mine so the chicken soaks up the vinaigrette and add whichever carbs I've got for the day too -- sweet potato, roasted baby potatoes or quinoa would all be a fantastic choice :)

Until next time... remember... abs are made in the kitchen! ;-) 

xo Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment